At Vässla 🦾 we empower our Urban Tribe to tackle the huge climate change and time congestion challenges through innovative products and inclusive technology.
We are leading the micro-mobility movement helping people save loads of time on commuting and short distance journeys with amazing e-bikes, mopeds, and other marvels needed to help humanity switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Supply Chain Manager to join our team. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring our overall supply chain strategy and in order to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Your day to day business:
- Drive operational excellence in supply chain capabilities through a 3-year strategic roadmap.
- Work closely with the Product development team and the Supply chain team.
- Analyze and assess industry and market dynamics on a quarterly and annual basis to assess product, supply, and inventory needs to meet revenue and margin targets.
- Develop and maintain technology trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology road maps.
- Ownership of certification and homologation for components and suppliers.
- Ensure that corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and innovation are themes in all activities.
- Develop and deploy, in coordination with the manufacturing plants, an annual supply chain plan - ensure that is fully communicated, and correctly integrated, into the operational and financial performance goals of the manufacturing plants.
- Model different supply chain systems to be implemented that align to the business’s market demand patterns and the operations center’s manufacturing models.
- Develop, deploy, and teach standard processes to systematically assess current operation’s practices, identify the proper supply chain model required to achieve the stated business goals, and implement/monitor the impact of deployed actions.
- Assess supplier manufacturing facilities and determine if the supplier is capable of meeting technical, manufacturing, and quality requirements.
- Assess and determine if supplier manufacturing facilities are capable of supporting program timing plans. Develop and implement countermeasures as needed.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Supply Chain, Management or related (Supply Chain preferred).
- Master’s degree and/or professional certification in Supply Chain (highly preferred).
- Minimum 10+ years experience within a similar Director/Sr. Manager role within automotive manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
- Extensive understanding of broad global supply chain competencies including inventory control, logistics management, distribution management, capacity planning across the value chain.
- Strong working knowledge of leading-edge manufacturing and materials management processes is required as is experience with international businesses.
- Demonstrated high-level working knowledge and ability to develop presentations in MS PowerPoint, spreadsheets in MS Excel, basic forms in MS Access, and an understanding of manufacturing MRP logic.
- Strong background in Supply Chain Planning systems.
- In-depth understanding of SAP or similar ERP technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and influencing skills to coach constituents within the organization.
- Proven ability to lead a team in continually developing professional roles/responsibilities and implementing effective improvements across the department and organization to maximize efficiencies.
- Proven operational experience and change management in a fast-growing business environment including a strong track record in meeting expectations and delivering on commitments.
- A willingness to engage the business at all levels, perform any and all tasks necessary to "get the job done", and ability to work effectively in a dynamic cultural environment.
- This role will require extensive travel.
We also offer:
- Tech you need (laptop, phone, etc).
- Wellness (5000 SEK/year).
- Use a Vässla Moped/Bike during your employment.
- Flexible working hours (We respect people's private lives and situations).
- Pension according to ITP1.
- Stock options.
Some of our Core Principles:
- Champion the mission.
- Embrace change.
- Yes-man mentality.
- Non-douche bag policy.