At Vässla 🦾 we empower our Urban Tribe to tackle the huge climate change and time congestion challenges through innovative products and inclusive technology.
We are leading the micro-mobility movement helping people save loads of time on commuting and short distance journeys with amazing e-bikes, mopeds, and other marvels needed to help humanity switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels.
Purpose of the role:
Manage the day to day operations of the finance department and responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Manage a team ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely manner. The role addresses tight deadlines and a full range of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, stock recording, year-end audit preparation, etc. Together with the CFO you will be key support to the budget & planning process and in supporting the extended Vässla team in all finance related issues.
Your day to day business:
- Prepare accurate and timely month end close; compiles monthly reporting , trend analysis, and variance analysis.
- Monitor banking activities, prepare weekly cash flow activity and cash flow forecasting
- Timely and accurate maintenance of the local books of accounts, including AP, AR, stock, expense reports, accruals, capital accounts, and payroll records administration.
- Ensure timely invoicing, debt collection, and customer credit limits
- Ensure Government compliance (Tax, VAT, etc.) of all Vässla subsidiaries are completed and on time
- Establish sound accounting practices and controls ensuring all business risks are highlighted and develop solutions to ensure mitigation of said risks.
- Lead the annual audit process including preparing working papers for all Vässla subsidiaries
- Ensure strong financial & operational controls. The business is carried out with integrity and in accordance with local laws and regulations
- Coordinate with logistics to ensure stocks are accounted for properly and warehouse reconciliations are conducted within the month end close period.
- Participate in Sales & Operations meetings as needed to support customer issues
- Develop & Maintain documentation of all key processes (SOP) within the finance area
- Support other areas within Vässla and its subsidiaries from a finance perspective as needed to ensure a smooth and efficient organisation
- Manage staff performance, identify training needs and provide technical guidance
- Key owner/superuser of finance system ensuring data integrity and systems compliance
- Overall ownership of all transactional financial elements
- Special Projects and Ad Hoc Reports as required
- Computer & Systems – Fluent in ERP systems, & implementation (Fortnox, , MS Business Centre, NetSuite) . Standard software packages such as MS office (High Excel skills required) and Google Suite
- Strong Financial and Analytical Skills
- Ability to manage tight schedules, prioritise, juggle tasks, and plan according to business needs.
- People management and team development skills.
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Credit & Debt management
- Languages: written & oral fluency in Swedish & English
- Experience from micro mobility/start-ups
- International and cross cultural working experience
- University Education in Finance, specialising in Accounting/Auditing
- 3-5 Years’ experience of qualified finance work leading a small team
- Working knowledge of Swedish GAAP and reporting requirements
- Finance Qualifications (CA, CPA or CIMA)
- Local Swedish Finance Qualifications
- Passion for excellence and achievement
- Lots of initiative and energy combined with common sense and a practical approach
- Ambitious for self, business and team - wants to be “Best in Class” for all
- Team Player - Ability to work in a diverse and multicultural team
- Flexible, able to change direction comfortably
- Customer service focus internally and externally
- Problem solving ability – Ability to deal with complex issues
- Work hard play hard attitude
- Open & honest, with a high degree of personal integrity
- “Can do” results-driven approach with a sense of urgency
We also offer:
- Tech you need (laptop, phone, etc).
- Wellness (5000 SEK/year).
- Use a Vässla Moped/Bike during your employment.
- Flexible working hours (We respect people's private lives and situations.)
- Pension according to ITP1.
Some of our Core Principles:
- Champion the mission
- Embrace change
- Yes-man mentality
- Non-douche bag policy