At Vässla 🦾 we empower our Urban Tribe to tackle the huge climate change and time congestion challenges through innovative products and inclusive technology.
We are leading the micro-mobility movement helping people save loads of time on commuting and short distance journeys with amazing e-bikes, mopeds, and other marvels needed to help humanity switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels.
As Communications Manager at Vässla you will be responsible to communicate our message to media, third-party partners and Urban Tribe members. We engage local and national press to share the value of micro-mobility and how Vässla is transforming lives and the urban communities. The team uses our industry-leading work on sustainability, equity and collaborative community and government partnerships to amplify our impact, win entry into markets and build a sustainable business in the cities we serve.
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead our communications strategies for Europe. You'll develop an integrated communications strategy while driving the company’s consumer, corporate and trade media relations activities to reinforce Vässla’s leadership position in Europe.
What you’ll do:
- Drive our communication strategy to support Vässla’s urban brand outreach
- Amplify our story through local media
- Proactively demonstrate our positive impact in communities and reactively manage issues and media inquiries
- Manage production of day-to-day deliverables – including researching, drafting and editing materials such as communications plans, press releases, fact sheets, talking points, Op-Eds, with local Com agencies across Europe.
- Engage directly with local and regional top-tier media to shape stories, rapidly respond to breaking news in order to shape Vässla’s local positioning.
- Constantly generate creative ideas to help Vässla break through the noise and secure earned media coverage.
- Be an excellent consultant to local General Managers and other stakeholders
- Localize our corporate initiatives, sharing news around tech, product and company-wide announcements.
Is that you?
- 5+ years experience in communications, media relations or public affairs
- On-the-record media experience and established history of building and fostering media relationships with local outlets and/or national business and tech publishers
- Strong familiarity with relevant stakeholders and media influencers
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to take ownership over projects and plans, with an ability to be nimble and move directions quickly
- Compelling, authentic and persuasive communications style, with excellent written and verbal communication skills under pressure and with high stakes
- Personal passion for sustainable urban transportation and an ability to evangelize its benefits to cities and stakeholders
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Fluency in English is essential, other languages are a plus
- Humble and fun
We also offer:
- Tech you need (laptop, phone, etc).
- Wellness (5000 SEK/year).
- Use a Vässla Moped/Bike during your employment.
- Flexible working hours (We respect people's private lives and situations.)
- Pension according to ITP1.
Some of our Core Principles
- Champion the mission.
- Embrace change.
- Yes-man mentality.
- Non-douch bag policy.