Vässla is the Swedish word for weasel. A silent, smooth and freaking fierce piece of species. The weasel doesn't fear animals 10x its size. Just like Vässla 🦾 We invent new vehicles and tech for the urban masses.
We are a part of the evolving micro mobility movement that will change the world. We are the leading micro mobility DTC brand in the Nordics area. We save loads of people loads of time by making commuting and short distance awesome and effective. The macro trends are crystal clear. Cities grow. Traffic congestion is escalating. The planet suffers. Humanity needs to switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels. Let’s make commuting great again.
We are looking for a highly motivated Creative to join our fantastic Vässla team at the HQ in Stockholm. Main task is to be the head of design on vassla.com and make sure the experience on the web matches our smooth designed electric vehicles, but also be responsible for building all updates through html and css. You will also own the graphical profile of Vässla as a brand and align it from website, content, social media, video and physical instore material.
The Experience We Require From You:
- Relevant studies from Berghs, Hyper Island or similar.
- Graphic Designer with art direction, design and campaign implementation background.
- Set the creative, visual tone for day-to-day communication across all channels: Newsletters, websites and social media.
- Work directly with the marketing and performance team to pitch, storyboard, and produce innovative creativess to captivate and attract customers.
- Research, and stay on top of new digital content trends, competitors, and interior design trends.
- Support content, social media and product development team on the creation of still and moving visuals.
- Strong knowledge of Digital Media platforms
- Able to multitask across a number of work streams and deliver to deadlines
- Display a good sense of visual design, and clear interest in motion graphics.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Motion Graphics, Premiere, After Effects and Cinema 4D.
- Experienced in technical aspects of digital delivery across various devices – mobile, tablet, desktop
- Produce digital campaigns across a wide range of formats; Video, display, rich media, in app design
- Have an eye for design, take in visual information (inspiration), process it, and use it to create something wholly original
- Knowledge of Direct Response Marketing Principle and optimisation testing
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- A true team player, happy to work with a small team in a collaborative, as well as individually
- Experience with videography and ability to film is prefered.
- Portfolio required, please attach or provide link when applying
Our Core Principles
1. Champion the mission
We’re on a mission. Our cities are messed up, thanks to traffic congestion leading to an overwhelming climate change for our planet. This needs to stop. It’s our mission to make short-distance travels sweet and clean for our environment.
2. Low effort - high impact
Do only stuff that takes little effort to do but will have a great impact on many. Everything else must wait. Doing something irrelevant doesn't make it important.
3. Embrace change
One thing is for sure. We will change our minds loads. It can be anything. So you need to appreciate and coop with all types of change. We must and should change small things but also really heavy strategic stuff in a fast moving context. Start-ups are about flexibility.
4. Yes-man mentality
Nos are for people working at a bank. We say Yes to most things. We are up for a challenge and love new stuff. We rush into decisions without overanalyzing them. 50% analysis and 50% gut feeling. Trust it 👊🏻 We never let admin or hard work be in the way for greatness. Also, cheer people up. Share happiness and excitement with your surroundings. Give more than you take. Life is too short for No-people. Yolo 💪🏻
5. Output obsession
Work is easy. Producing relevant and high-quality output is hard. Vässla is aim at the latter. Minimize irrelevant emailing and unnecessary meetings. Just put all your efforts and brainpower into producing output. Don’t just keep yourself busy.
6. Always be scrappy
Vässla will grow up and become loads of people. It’s really easy to lose respect for money and the importance of being creative. Always strive to be scrappy. Always try to find a way to make huge projects small. Expensive activities are cheap. Hard things are simple. There is always a way.
7. Non douch bag policy
It’s simple. No matter how much money or fame at stake, we will never do business, cooperate or have anything to do with douch bags. If you sense one, just cut him/her loose immediately. Period.
You may not match all criteria, but if you are willing to learn and grow, we would love to read your application!
Our HQ is in Stockholm. We are good people. See our products on vassla.com.