Vässla is the Swedish word for weasel. A silent, smooth and freaking fierce piece of species. The weasel doesn't fear animals 10x it's size. Just like Vässla 💪🏻 We invent new vehicles and tech for the urban masses.
We are a part of the evolving micromobility movement that will change the world. We are the leading micromobility DTC brand in the Nordics area. We save loads of people loads of time by making commuting and short distance awesome and effective. The macro trends are crystal clear. Cities grow. Traffic congestion is escalating. The planet suffer. Humanity need to switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels. Let’s make commuting great again.
Now we need you 👋🏻 We are in the market of new team player as Finance & Accounting Manager.
As F&A manager you will manage the day to day operations of the finance department and responsible for all areas relating to financial management. Together with the CFO you will build a world class finance team supporting the growth and development of Vässla. The role addresses tight deadlines and a full range of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation etc. You will be key support in budgeting and in supporting the business on finance issues.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure financial books are up to date, accurate and compliant.
- Timely ME close, management reporting and variance analysis.
- Account reconciliations (bank, stock, payments etc.).
- Invoicing, debt collection, credit management, AP, AR etc.
- Legal reporting to tax authorities VAT etc.
- Super user and owner of Finance system.
- Manage Team performance and development.
- Manage Outsourcing Partners (Payroll, Spain & Germany Accounting firms).
Qualifications and education:
- University education in finance, specialising in Accounting/Auditing.
- 3-5 years experience of qualified finance work leading a small team.
- Working knowledge Swedish GAAP and reporting requirements.
- Fluent Swedish and English.
- Experience within E-Com, FMCG or Retailing with an international twist is highly desirable.
- Lots of initiative and energy combined with common sense and practical approach.
- Ambitious for self, business and team - wants to be “Best in Class” for all.
- Problem solving ability – Ability to deal with complex issues.
- Work hard play hard attitude.
- Customer service focus internally and externally.
On top of all this, you need to be a humble and fun person. You need to sign on all the below core principles:
1. Champion the mission
We’re on a mission. The traffic congestion thing is messed up. People are commuting their lives away and kill the planet at the same time. This need to stop. It’s our mission to make short distance travel sweet.
2. Low effort - high impact
Do only stuff that takes little effort to do but will have a great impact on many. Everything else must wait. Doing something unimportant well does not make it important. Also a task requiring a lot of time does not make it important.
3. Embrace change
One thing is for sure. We will change our mind tons of times. It can be anything. So you need to appreciate and coop with all types of change. We must and should change small things but also really heavy strategic stuff.
4. Yes-man mentality
Nos are for people working at a bank. We say Yes to most things. We are up for a challenge and love new stuff. We rush into decisions without overanalyzing them. 50% analysis and 50% gut feeling. Trust it 👊🏻 We never let admin or hard work be in the way for greatness. Also cheer people up. Share happiness and excitement to your surroundings. Give more than you take. Life is too short for No-people. Yolo 💪🏻
5. Output obsession
Work is easy. Producing relevant and high quality output is hard. Vässla is obsessed with the latter. Minimize irrelevant emailing and unnecessary meetings. Just put all your efforts and brainpower into producing output. Don’t just keep yourself busy.
6. Always be scrappy
Vässla will grow up and become loads of people. It’s really easy to lose respect for money and the importance of being creative. Always strive to be scrappy. Always try to find a way to make huge projects small. Expensive activities cheap. Hard things simple. There is always a way.
7. Non douche bag policy
It’s simple. No matter how much money or fame that is at stake, we will never do business, cooperate or have anything to do with douche bags. If you sense one, just cut him/her loose immediately. Period.