General Manager DACH
Vässla is the Swedish word for weasel. A silent, smooth and freaking fierce piece of species. The weasel doesn't fear animals 10x it's size. Just like Vässla 💪 We invent new vehicles and tech for the urban masses.
We are a part of the evolving micromobility movement that will change the world. We are the leading micromobility DTC brand in the Nordics area. We save loads of people loads of time by making commuting and short distance awesome and effective. The macro trends are crystal clear. Cities grow. Traffic congestion is escalating. The planet suffer. Humanity need to switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels. Let’s make commuting great again.
About your role
Now we need you to join the Vässla DACH organization as a GM. Based on Vässla commercial strategy you will organize and execute our plan in the German-speaking countries. You will work closely with team members from operations, sales & marketing. The role requires excellent communication and networking skills. You will be a key player to accomplish our ambitious scale target! This role will be based in Germany and you will report to the Country Director in HQ Stockholm.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Managing Media, PR, and Press work and relationships in DAT (+CH) region
- Organize and execute relevant Marketing Event (such as influencer activation events, opening Pop-up stores)
- Representing our brand at various events, such as fairs and industry expos.
- Create and manage relevant commercial partnership
- Active role in managing the DAT (+CH) markets
- Traveling 25% of working time
- This role will be permanently based in Germany, partially traveling to the HQ in Sweden is required
Who are you?
- We believe you have experience from hyper-growth and fast-moving start- and/or scale-up organizations -preferably within Tech, Fintech, Mobility, or Consulting
- Overall understanding from the mobility and micromobility markets
- Broad contact network within PR, Press and Social Media to carry out reviews
- Wide contact network within mobility and micromobility
- German native speaker is a must, English is mandatory, Swedish is a big bonus.
- 7+ yrs Experience of working with customer-facing brands, preferably
- 5+ yrs Experience with growth strategies for the DAT (+CH) region.
- Multitasking personality with project management skills
- A keen eye for details and willingness to change the world with us!
Sounds like you? We would like to meet you! Please reach out to us and apply for this super interesting and career-kick starting opportunity already today.
Our core principles and values:
1. Champion the mission
We’re on a mission. The traffic congestion thing is messed up. People are commuting away their lives and kill the planet at the same time. This need to stop. It’s our mission to make short distance travel sweet.
2. Low effort - high impact
Do only stuff that takes little effort to do but will have great impact to many. Everything else must wait. Doing something unimportant well does not make it important. Also a task requiring lot of time does not make it important.
3. Embrace change
One thing is for sure. We will change our mind tons of times. It can be anything. So you need to appreciate and coop with all types of change. We must and should change small things but also really heavy strategic stuff.
4. Always be scrappy
Vässla will grow up and become loads of people. It’s really easy to lose respect for money and the importance of being creative. Always strive to be scrappy. Always try to find a way to make huge projects small. Expensive activities cheap. Hard things simple. There is always a way.
5. Non douche bag policy
It’s simple. No matter how much money or fame that is at stake, we will never do business, cooperate or have anything to do with douche bags. If you sense one, just cut him/her loose immediately. Period.
Our HQ is in Stockholm. We are good people. See our products on vassla.com.