Vässla is part of the evolving micromobility movement that will change the world. We are the leading micromobility brand in the Nordics area. We save loads of people loads of time by making commuting and short distance awesome and effective. Vässla design, produce and sell light electric vehicles for utility use. The macro trends are crystal clear. Cities grow. Traffic congestion is escalating. The planet suffer. Humanity need to switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels. Let’s make commuting great again. Do you agree by heart?
Vässla is on the hunt for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer with experience producing complex electromechanical assemblies. The role will be responsible for managing the manufacturing of electric micromobility vehicles. You should have a proven track record of moving products through production and bringing them to market. The role will require experience with manufacturing processes including casting, stamping, extruding and injection molding, and experience working in China.
What you’ll do:
- Support new product development by ensuring that components are designed for manufacturability (DFM) and that processes/procedures are adhered to in relation to quality, method and cost.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Review, improve and approve supplier assembly process documents and implement Quality Control Plans (QCP) and Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP) to control the production process.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide hands-on support of test development and execution.
- Lead production risk identification and mitigation efforts including PFMEA.
- Support supplier qualification process and initial part quality review (FAI) as well as ongoing production qualifications including PPAP.
- Drive tooling validations and qualifications with sub-suppliers.
- Be involved early in NPI programs to provide feedback on Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Partner with Design Engineering to ensure Production Preparation Process (3P) and Design for Producibility (DFP) to be implemented before design fix stage while optimizing for quality and cost.
- Support downstream activities such as repair work and creation of repair instructions for customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of direct work experience.
- Must have extensive experience working on the ground with suppliers and contract manufacturers in China.
- Extensive knowledge of both prototype and production manufacturing techniques including rapid prototyping, machining, casting, forging, molding, stamping, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with a global supplier base and to communicate effectively with a remotely located design team.
- Ability to check detailed technical drawings of components and assemblies in a PLM system.
- Close attention to detail while being fast-paced and fast-acting.
- Ability to travel to China up to 30%
- Experience designing custom fixtures and test equipment for manufacturing electromechanical products is a plus.
On top of all this, you need to be a humble and fun person. You need to sign on all the below core principles:
1. Champion the mission
We’re on a mission. The traffic congestion thing is messed up. People are commuting away their lives and kill the planet at the same time. This need to stop. It’s our mission to make short distance travel sweet.
2. Low effort - high impact
Do only stuff that takes little effort to do but will have great impact to many. Everything else must wait. Doing something unimportant well does not make it important. Also a task requiring lot of time does not make it important.
3. Embrace change
One thing is for sure. We will change our mind tons of times. It can be anything. So you need to appreciate and coop with all types of change. We must and should change small things but also really heavy strategic stuff.
4. Always be scrappy
Vässla will grow up and become loads of people. It’s really easy to lose respect for money and the importance of being creative. Always strive to be scrappy. Always try to find a way to make huge projects small. Expensive activities cheap. Hard things simple. There is always a way.
5. Non douche bag policy
It’s simple. No matter how much money or fame that is at stake, we will never do business, cooperate or have anything to do with douche bags. If you sense one, just cut him/her loose immediately. Period.
Our HQ is in Stockholm but travel to our development center in Småland is required on a weekly basis. We are good people. See our products on vassla.com.
Job Type: Full-time