Vässla is part of the evolving micromobility movement that will change the world. We are the leading micromobility brand in the Nordics area. We save loads of people loads of time by making commuting and short distance awesome and effective. Vässla design, produce and sell light electric vehicles for utility use. The macro trends are crystal clear. Cities grow. Traffic congestion is escalating. The planet suffer. Humanity need to switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels. Let’s make commuting great again. Do you agree by heart?
We are seeking a motivated, driven connectivity specialist to join our R&D team. We believe that micromobility vehicles will be as smart or smarter than today's cars. Meaning the Vässla fleet need to be connected to the internet and packed with meaningful features. Below are examples of requirements needed for the role:
- Knowledge of microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Firmware and connectivity solutions and communication protocols.
- Drive the development of firmware updates over the air.
- Work with various cross-functional teams to develop requirements for new features, diagnostics, algorithms, etc.
- Design, implement and test cutting-edge algorithms for run-time BMS logic to derive State-of-Charge, State-of-Health, State-of-Power and State-of-Energy computations.
- Develop Software-in-the-Loop infrastructure in a object-oriented fashion, making high degree of re-use of existing objects and objects that are highly reusable.
- Design rapid test iteration framework for developers to use for quick, at-desk spot checks.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields with practical software engineering experience.
- Proficiency in C, embedded C and C++.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (firmware engineer, embedded design and/or validation).
- Expertise testing devices and debugging hardware (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, DMM).
- Desire to participate in improving code robustness and designing testing infrastructure.
- Multithreaded software development experience.
- Ability to think creatively and produce “outside of the box” solutions.
- Object Oriented programming design and development experience.
On top of all this, you need to be a humble and fun person. You need to sign on all the below core principles:
1. Champion the mission
We’re on a mission. The traffic congestion thing is messed up. People are commuting away their lives and kill the planet at the same time. This need to stop. It’s our mission to make short distance travel sweet.
2. Low effort - high impact
Do only stuff that takes little effort to do but will have great impact to many. Everything else must wait. Doing something unimportant well does not make it important. Also a task requiring lot of time does not make it important.
3. Embrace change
One thing is for sure. We will change our mind tons of times. It can be anything. So you need to appreciate and coop with all types of change. We must and should change small things but also really heavy strategic stuff.
4. Always be scrappy
Vässla will grow up and become loads of people. It’s really easy to lose respect for money and the importance of being creative. Always strive to be scrappy. Always try to find a way to make huge projects small. Expensive activities cheap. Hard things simple. There is always a way.
5. Non douche bag policy
It’s simple. No matter how much money or fame that is at stake, we will never do business, cooperate or have anything to do with douche bags. If you sense one, just cut him/her loose immediately. Period.
Our HQ is in Stockholm but travel to our development center in Småland is required on a weekly basis. We are good people. See our products on vassla.com.
Job Type: Full-time