Vässla is part of the evolving micromobility movement that will change the world. We are the leading micromobility brand in the Nordics area. We save loads of people loads of time by making commuting and short distance awesome and effective. Vässla design, produce and sell light electric vehicles for utility use. The macro trends are crystal clear. Cities grow. Traffic congestion is escalating. The planet suffer. Humanity need to switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels. Let’s make commuting great again. Do you agree by heart?
We are seeking a motivated, driven battery expert to join our R&D team. Below are examples of requirements needed:
- Use a variety of cell and battery pack models, fleet data, and laboratory test data to create state-of-the-art feedback control and estimation algorithms.
- Work on projects from cell capacity, impedance, energy, and degradation estimation to diagnostics of sensors, cells and battery pack components.
- Create physics based modeling of cell and pack elements.
- Create and integrate models, define algorithms, write testing code, and evaluate the performance of algorithms throughout the life of the product.
- Work cross-functionally with cell modeling, firmware, and battery safety organizations.
- Greater than 2 years of experience with battery algorithm design
- MS or BS in mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or materials engineering
- Experience with modeling of lithium ion cells
- Simulating dynamic models of electrical systems
- Have knowledge in linear systems analysis and estimation algorithm design
- Capable of analyzing algorithm performance in MATLAB/Simulink
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams
- Basic experience, understanding, and intuition for the electrochemical physics of lithium ion cells
- Experience in specifying or executing tests on cells in a laboratory environment
- Understanding of diagnostic techniques for cells and battery pack components
On top of all this, you need to be a humble and fun person. You need to sign on all the below core principles:
1. Champion the mission
We’re on a mission. The traffic congestion thing is messed up. People are commuting away their lives and kill the planet at the same time. This need to stop. It’s our mission to make short distance travel sweet.
2. Low effort - high impact
Do only stuff that takes little effort to do but will have great impact to many. Everything else must wait. Doing something unimportant well does not make it important. Also a task requiring lot of time does not make it important.
3. Embrace change
One thing is for sure. We will change our mind tons of times. It can be anything. So you need to appreciate and coop with all types of change. We must and should change small things but also really heavy strategic stuff.
4. Always be scrappy
Vässla will grow up and become loads of people. It’s really easy to lose respect for money and the importance of being creative. Always strive to be scrappy. Always try to find a way to make huge projects small. Expensive activities cheap. Hard things simple. There is always a way.
5. Non douche bag policy
It’s simple. No matter how much money or fame that is at stake, we will never do business, cooperate or have anything to do with douche bags. If you sense one, just cut him/her loose immediately. Period.
Our HQ is in Stockholm but travel to our development center in Småland is required on a weekly basis. We are good people. See our products on vassla.com.
Job Type: Full-time