Select which cookies you accept
When you visit this website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Below is a list of different categories of cookies that may be set and that you can freely change. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are required and must be accepted to use this site.
These cookies collect data about how visitors use this website.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests.
We have big ambitions. We aim to be the leading Micromobility brand on a global market. Our fleet will disrupt short distance transportation and save loads of people loads of time.
The macro trends are crystal clear. Cities grow. Traffic congestion is escalating. The planet suffer. Humanity need to switch from four heavy wheels to two light wheels. It’s all about using the most effective vehicle for each span of distance. For short trips light weight vehicles is most effective. Both energy wise but also time wise.
We hope we agree that global warming is a Really Big Deal — probably the one biggest issue we’re facing as a civilization. We're not saying that Micromobility is a silver bullet for it. But it's a big part of the solution. Transportation represents 28% of greenhouse gas emissions, and micromobility can shave a big chunk off of that by eating the sub-2 miles trips making up 40% of urban rides.
The reason, in short, is that Micromobility modes are electric and super lightweight. Internal combustion engines are only 35% efficient, losing the rest in heat. Then, only 5% of that energy go into moving the passenger — the other 95% move the car.
So, the overall efficiency of a car is 0.05 * 0.35 = 1.75%. This means that for every gallon you pour into your tank, only 2 ounces are used to move you. The rest is either lost in heat or used to move your car 😦
Compare that to electric Micromobility vehicles, which convert 85% of their energy into movement and weigh between 12-65 kg, making their overall energy efficiency over 70%.
Again, car companies would kill to improve their cars’ efficiency by 10%. Here, we’re talking of a 4000% improvement 🌱
About Vässla Micromobility
Vässla was founded in 2017 by Rickard Bröms. The headquarter is based in Stockholm, Sweden. To this date we have sold thousands of Micromobility vehicles and are active in the Nordics, Germany and Spain.
Already working at Vässla Micromobility?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.